This led to the establishment of MIPA SE in 1948, which had previously been founded as Paul Mittermayer GmbH by Johann Baptist Mittermayer's eponymous nephew. After continuous growth at the Landshut location, the company moved in 1995 to Essenbach, about ten kilometres away, which offered potential for future expansion. In 2001, Paul Mittermayer GmbH was transformed into MIPA AG. The conversion to MIPA SE, a European company, took place in 2015. Since then, MIPA SE has existed as a family-owned company without a stock exchange listing.
In MIPA SE, which operates worldwide, the core of the family business has been retained to this day. This guarantees short decision-making processes, absolute focus on the needs and quality requirements of the market, and the necessary flexibility. Therefore, customers can be sure that they have a competent and reliable partner in MIPA.